Sunday, March 22, 2009

Money Saving Tip: Pick-up and Assemble Furniture Yourself


I have a simple money saving tip to share with everyone: Pick-up and assemble furniture yourself because it will save you quite a bit of money. How often have you paid to have furniture delivered? Our family has paid delivery and assembly fees more times than I care to admit.

We purchased a new kitchen table last weekend. The fee for delivery and set-up would have been $130.00. I was surprised to hear my husband tell the salesman that he would pick-up and assemble the set himself. I must be converting him after all! :) My husband picked-up and assembled the new dining set on Tuesday evening. He did a fabulous job and his two hours of hard work saved us $130.00.

1 comment:

Staci said...

:) Mike was so proud!! The table looks great!