Friday, January 16, 2009

I won my first blog award



I was nominated for my first blog award by Staci at Playing House. She is a wonderful friend in real life! I also enjoy reading her blog in which she chronicles the musings of motherhood. Go check her out!



Here are the rules...The rules for the Honest Scrap award - The honorees are to:


A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!

B) pass the award on to 4 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.


Simple. Or not.


1. I am a avid traveler. I've traveled all over the world and absolutely love experiencing different cultures, architecture and meeting new people. My recent 30th birthday trip was so much fun!

2. I got married to my husband, Mike, in Jamaica. Eight guests and beautiful scenery = memories that will last a lifetime.

3. I am a mother who has never given birth. I always feel awkward when a group of women all start sharing their birth stories. Pregnancy is something that I still long to experience.

4. I am passionate about adoption and feel that my son is a blessing sent from above. From the moment he was placed into my arms, I have loved him. He brings so much joy to the entire family.

5. Prior to being a stay-at-home mother, I was a paralegal at a local law firm and loved my job. I especially loved the adrenaline rush of the courtroom.

6. I love looking at houses and attending open houses. It's fun to see different floor plans and how people decorate their homes.

7. I am the third of four children. I am the only one who is married or has children. That makes my son the only grandchild.

8. I enjoy writing thank you notes and love receiving them. Not many people take the time to write them anymore.

9. I love eating out. This may explain why I've gained more than 40 lbs since getting married.

10. I love rollercoasters! :)

I'm passing this award on to the following people:

Amy
Hilary
Shelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! :)