Friday, January 9, 2009

Credit card rewards


Does your credit card company offer you rewards for purchases using your credit card? If so, do you participate? If your bank offers these rewards, I sure hope you're taking advantage of them. My husband has a no fee credit card with BB&T that offers one point per dollar spent. I cashed out the points last night for a $50.00 gift card to Outback Steakhouse. Don't tell him because I'm saving the gift card to use for Valentine's Day dinner for the two of us. :) We use this credit card for my husband's business trips, vacations and other large purchases. We ALWAYS pay the balance in full each month. By doing so, we don't pay any interest and receive benefits in return for using the card. This is just one more way I try to make the most of our money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We do too! It feels so good to have no credit card balance!! And we have the Discover Cashback Bonus and LOVE it! We roll our cashback bonus into our monthly balance. Gotta love it!