Monday, June 8, 2009

Freezing Cookie Dough


This morning, I made some homemade sugar cookies. I decided to double the batch and make extra dough to use in the future. I placed wax paper on a cookie sheet and scooped out the dough into balls. Then, I placed the tray into the freezer and to let the dough harden.



After the dough was frozen, I placed the individual balls into a Ziplock vacuum bag and removed the air. The next time I bake cookies, I'll be able to have them ready in minutes! This is my first time freezing the dough and was surprised at how easy it was. Has anyone else ever done this?

2 comments:

Cameron said...

I have never done it but thanks for the info. I will have to try it out with Cameron's gluten free dough. Let us know how the frozen batch turns out.

(((HUGS)))

Becky said...

I have never done this, but have always meant to, lol. Maybe I will add it to my list of things to do. :)