Sunday, June 28, 2009

Berry picking we go...














This morning, we headed to Orr's and picked red raspberries and blackberries. Aiden had so much fun picking berries and going for a hay ride. What a fun morning for all of us! I'm getting ready to clean the berries and freeze them. The frozen berries are perfect to use in smoothies or as a topping for vanilla ice cream. I am also planning to make the raspberry sauce recipe HERE.
Does anyone have any recipes they'd like to share using raspberries or blackberries? If so, please share. :)

3 comments:

Staci said...

LOVE THE PICS!!!! I know you guys had a great time!!!!

Amber King said...

Sara, It looks like you guys had a great time and the berries look absolutely YUMMY!! Mom has a great blackberry cake recipe. I will have to get it for you!!

Anonymous said...

yummy! we are going blueberry picking tomorrow. I pick enough for us to eat until we are done wtih them and freeze some for my husband's favorite cobbler in the winter. Wish I had some raspberries to pick, tho!

alice