Thursday, December 11, 2008

Do you have any prescriptions that need filled?

Many pharmacies put out valuable prescription coupons because they want your business. I use one of these coupons almost every time we need to get a prescription filled (both new and refills). Yesterday, I took this coupon to Rite Aid when I picked up a prescription. I paid the co-pay for the prescription and they handed me back a $30.00 gift card to Rite Aid. Since I don't shop there very often, I immediately took the Rite Aid gift card up to the front counter and purchased a $25.00 Macy's gift card and two packages of Mott's apple juice boxes (they were on sale for $2.50 each). I paid .15 sales tax on the juice boxes.


I was happy to profit a $25.00 gift card and 18 juice boxes for transferring a prescription that needed filled anyway. I'm saving the Macy's gift card to give my mother (along with other gifts I've already purchased) for her birthday in January.

Next time you need a prescription filled, check to see if any prescription coupons are available. I frequently use them at CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid. If you have any questions, please be sure to ask. I love helping others make the most of their money.

No comments: