Tuesday, December 9, 2008

O Christmas Tree



I am pleased to report that our family WILL have a Christmas tree this year. I sent my husband and son to Kmart on Sunday to purchase the artificial tree. I gave my husband the following guidelines:

1) Find a tree within the amount I was willing to spend (of course he went over that amount)

2) Make sure the tree was pre-lit with white lights (he got this part right)

3) Buy a Martha Stewart one because I like her style (she wouldn't steer us wrong, right?)

The tree he chose would not have been my first choice. I'm sure it will be fine once we finish shaping it and begin putting on ornaments. We don't have many ornaments, so the tree will be pretty bare this year. I used to own quite a few of ornaments, but got rid of them several years ago because I couldn't stand the clutter (I'll save that story for another time). I'll be sure to post pictures of the tree once we get around to decorating it. The important thing is that my son is really enjoying the tree. If your tree is up and decorated, I'd love to see pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you are having a tree. We never had one when we were kids b/c my grandmother hated them. Long story but let's just say she threw one out her window one year. Thats the Italian in her! Anywho, enjoy your tree!!! You can always make some homemade ornaments. How about those applesauce and cinnamon ones we did last year?