Sunday, February 22, 2009

Menu: February 22nd- February 28th



Last week, I strayed from my menu several times. I'm human and this happens more than I care to admit. :) I received a gift card to Outback from a friend for dog sitting. We used it one evening and enjoyed a great meal for free.

Sunday, February 22: Goulash/Salad

Monday, February 23: Meatball Subs/French Fries

Tuesday, February 24: Chef Salads/Fresh Fruit

Wednesday, February 25: Stuffed Peppers/Crescents

Thursday, February 26: Boneless Chicken/Mashed Potatoes/Green Beans

Friday, February 27: Dinner out at our favorite Mexican restaurant

Saturday, February 28: Macaroni with Tuna/Peas


I used a little bit of time this weekend to prepare some snacks for the upcoming week. I made a batch of homemade banana muffins and some cupcakes. I also cut up some fresh bananas and strawberries and placed them in the freezer. They will be used to make smoothies this week. Finally, I washed grapes & carrots and divided them into individual containers for snacks. I've found that my son eats much better when healthy snacks options are prepared in advance. Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

Staci said...

I need to get to the grocery store. I haven't had a chance with me being sick and now the kids sick and Jason back to work... We have NO fruit or produce which is very unlike us! Your meal plan looks good!

Cameron said...

Yummy indeed!!!! Thanks for sharing. You gave me some ideas!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever stuffed your peppers with stale bread? It is SO SO SO yummy. My grandmother would take stale bread, pour some oil over it along with oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. They were to die for!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Your Saturday meal was my grandfathers favorite! As soon as I read it, I smiled :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds good girl!! Thanks for sharing!! :) Chef salads are my fav!! Now if I could only get shane to eat them!

EcOnomical Mom said...

My son is the same way. He eats healthier if I have 'good' snacks already prepared for him. He's an independent child and wants to get his own food. Thank you for sharing your menu. Now I'm hungry again:)